As the System Integration Tech, under the supervision of the Team Lead – Staging & Configuration, you will play an integral part in the setup, configuration and installation of all hardware and system infrastructure for digital signage and audio video systems.
Key performance areas
- Ensure product is set up with accuracy and ready for infield install.
- Assist in documentation of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work with Project Management team to ensure product arrives in time and final in-field commissioning is completed.
- Work directly with the manufacturer to order parts, diagnose and return failed parts, and resolve reoccurring troubleshooting issues.
- Maintain a safe and organized work area.
- Clearly communicate to Gable team members with regular updates.
- Diagnose, analyze and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Suggest improvements to optimize the team and external factors that lead to better customer experience.
- Maintain relationships with vendors.
- Working knowledge of the best practices for audio video system integration.
- Knowledge of signal flows, low voltage cabling, signal types, connections, terminations and reading technical drawings.
- Knowledge of computer and display hardware.
- Knowledge of Internet Protocols and Local Area Network.
- Set up and configure LED displays and LCD displays.
- Assist with local installers on customer site including but not limited to LCD monitors, LED displays, Player PC, wireless access points to ensure equipment is functioning 100%.
- Perform all levels of system rack fabrications and wire terminations.
- Some service related items including troubleshooting customer systems and networks.
- Remain current on all emerging technologies within the audio video and LED markets.
- Test all returned parts from field techs to confirm good/bad.
- Work with Warehouse personnel to maintain accurate inventory of parts.
- Verify all work performed in the lab is accurate prior to departure.
- Create and revise manuals for set up and trouble shooting.
- Create training guides and videos.
- Work with field techs for retro-fits and other major roll-out programs.
- Complete all documentation and turn-in to Team Lead – Staging & Configuration and other relevant Gable team members.
- Ensure all work is properly documented and saved on v-drive.
- Up to 30% travel, sometimes on a last-minute basis and for several weeks at a time.
- Occasional night and weekend work.