As the Sr. CAD Designer, you are responsible for overseeing CAD staff, executing projects to schedule, assessing the function and utilization of both software and hardware. You will work with design and engineering personnel to review designs prior to acceptance into the CAD production schedule. In addition, you are expected to function as a senior CAD specialist and will be assigned projects on an individual and team basis.
Key performance areas
- Ensure project documentation and contracts follow the standards set forth by the production executive team.
- Responsible for the final quality check and approves drawings for completeness and quality prior to issue, making sure that every drawing is legible, professional, and adheres to whatever standards are being used on that project.
- Creating CAD templates for layer naming and usage, sheet standards, develop and maintain detail and block libraries, and adapt other standards as needed.
- Research and advise the company on the current national and international best practices needed for the organization and integrate them into the internal standards, saving the need for multiple standards on projects.
- Train and supervise CAD users in core application skills and standards.
- Create a basic CAD test for applicants to do as part of the interview process.
- Advise on purchasing newer versions of CAD software, modules and hardware.
- Strong design background, knowledge of construction, specifications, building processes and exceptional coordination skills.
- Software proficiencies to include: AutoCAD or Revit, Visual or AGI32, Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam, Sketchup, Photoshop, MS Office and standard office programs.
- Strong understanding with architecture: the way architecture firms function, how we interface with them, how we synchronize our documentation with them.
- Ability to read and interpret sales agreements, design drawings and miscellaneous signage sketches.