The Senior Service Technician provides advanced skilled field signage service & installation based on the schedule of assigned projects from the Service Coordinator, Team Lead, and Service Manager.
Key performance areas
- Represent Gable with the utmost level of professionalism and integrity at all times.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Job performance optimization.
- Decrease of non-billable overtime
The following list of functions for this position is not a limitedly defined list. Additional tasks may be required on the job that are not listed below. The list below serves as a guide for the essential functions that are expected from this position by Gable.
- Participate and provide input in all Project Management, Quality, Manufacturing, Production and Sales initiatives.
- Conduct preventative maintenance and calibration assignments.
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, repair and maintenance.
- Responsible for trouble shooting of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing service reports, ordering materials, preparing job survey reports, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis.
- Verifies the accuracy of stock material levels on Service vehicles.
- Determines that appropriate and accurate equipment and materials have been loaded to complete assigned service projects.
- Ability to climb in ladders and work in heights.
- Perform set up/clean-up of sign site area.
- Perform excavation of sign site area. (i.e. post-hole digging, concrete cutting, core drilling, etc.)
- Perform service and/or installation of signage.
- Assist with installation services when required.
- Adheres to all Gable standard operating procedures.
- Daily update of CDL mileage/hours log if applicable.
- Monitors and ensures the use of all safety regulations, requirements and equipment are being used and employed while working on all project job sites.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the department, company, or as directed by the Service & Maintenance Manager.
- Coordinate projects with all interfacing departments to reduce overall turnaround time.
- Travel, both local and out-of-state, may be required depending on the location of the service and ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
- Test and make suggestions for new technologies that can be used within the department.
- Service related items including trouble shooting client systems and networks.
- Service and repair large format LED displays and LCD displays.
- Assist Service Manager with training of new hires and helpers.