Under the direct supervision of the Director of Field Operations and managed by the installation manager and supervising mechanic, this position will provide support to the Field Operations Department, as well as secondary support for the field operations team. The Mechanic Helper will be responsible to maintain the Field Operations Code of Conduct, professionally and efficiently perform daily mechanic helper duties, and work closely with their immediate supervising mechanic.
Key performance areas
- Provide full support to the Lead Mechanic.
- To maintain a clean work vehicle and work area.
- To learn and acquire the skills necessary to become a lead mechanic.
The following list of functions for this position is not a limitedly defined list. Additional tasks may be required on the job that are not listed below. The list below serves as a guide for the essential functions that are expected from this position by Gable.
- To uphold Field Operations Code of Conduct among fellow mechanics and helpers.
- Help ensure morning loading and departure is done safely and efficiently.
- Support to maintain a safe and clean vehicle.
- Assist in the loading/unloading of daily material from vehicles.
- Maintain current mechanic helper duties.
- Travel, both local and out-of-state, may be required depending on the location of the service and ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours.