To perform duties involved in Gable’s signage fabrication operation in a safe, efficient and professional manner that assures quality while meeting specified deadlines.
Key performance areas
- Perform tasks in a safe and proficient manner at all times.
- Positively support and work with other department leads as a team.
- Support, maintain and build the Lean Culture at Gable.
The following list of functions for this position is not a limitedly defined list. Additional tasks may be required on the job that are not listed below. The list below serves as a guide for the essential functions that are expected from this position by Gable.
- Mig welding, brazing and cutting of various metals using gas and electric welding equipment.
- Plan details of working procedure, with tool and material requirements after receiving instructions, prints and work orders for a job.
- Fabricates signage by cutting, burning and welding various metals.
- Repairs signage by using various welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded then sets up, assembles and tacks weld parts.
- Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
- Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Occasionally cut up or dismantle obsolete signage to be set aside for scrapping purposes.
- Training new hires on the proper sign fabrication techniques.
- Weld inspection.
- Rigging experience.
- Advanced wiring skills.
- Quality inspections as work is performed.
- Coaching and mentoring subordinates.
- Verifying proper procedures are being followed to maintain product specifications within our quality standards.
- Informing management of labor needs and/or problems related to production.
- Maintaining cross department communication.
- Complying with all OSHA and MOSH regulations.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, organized and disciplined work environment.
- Performing any work related tasks assigned to you by someone in your reporting structure.