As a Fabricator Apprentice, you will work with Sr. Fabricators to perform duties involved in signage fabrication in a safe, efficient, and professional manner that assures quality while meeting specified deadlines.
Key performance areas
- Perform tasks in a safe and proficient manner at all times.
- Positively support and work with other team members.
- Support, maintain, and build the Lean Culture at Gable.
- MIG welding, brazing, and cutting of various metals using gas and electric welding equipment.
- Understand details of work procedure, with tool and material requirements after receiving instructions, prints, and work orders for a job.
- Assists with fabrication of signage by cutting, burning, and welding various metals.
- Repairs signage by using various welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded then sets up, assembles and tacks weld parts.
- Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
- Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Occasionally cut up or dismantle obsolete signage to be set aside for scrapping purposes.
- Basic writing skills.
- Assist with moving or storing materials.
- Maintaining cross team communication.
- Complying with all OSHA and MOSH regulations.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, organized, and disciplined work environment.
- Performing any work-related tasks assigned to you by someone in your reporting structure.