As the AV Systems Designer, you are expected to develop audio, video, control, network and media solutions for multiple markets. Integration of lighting and lighting control systems may also be required as part of the solutions developed. This will include interaction with multidisciplinary teams, both internally and externally from initial design charrettes through project completion.
Key performance areas
- Broad knowledge of video conference, A/V switching and control hardware from various manufacturers.
- Good understanding of network technologies.
- Generate functional system descriptions, block flow diagrams and equipment.
- Develop AV system design calculations.
- Identify all cabling and miscellaneous material needs.
- Generate BOM for procurement.
- Create drawings and cabling diagrams for current and future projects based on the scope and requirements provided by Business Development and members of the Solutions Design Team.
- Create elevations and mounting details showing equipment interface to the structure.
- Draw equipment rack elevations and panel details.
- Support the Systems Design Manager in the research and development of innovative technologies. Including, but not limited to display, network topology, supporting hardware, software and lighting control technologies.
- Able to quickly adapt to new technical concepts and tools.
- Computer skills as required for the design, documentation, configuration and operation of AV equipment including CAD, Excel and similar software.
- Use of AutoCAD 2016, D-Tools, Revit and various other software programs.
- Ability to obtain certifications (CTS, Crestron) in a reasonable amount of time.
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years integration and installation AV experience with a variety of successful projects within multiple environments.
- Candidate should be well versed in AutoCAD and/or a similar CAD program.