The responsibility of the AV Designer to develop audio, video, control, network and media solutions for multiple markets. This will include interaction with multidisciplinary teams, both internally and externally from initial design charrettes through project completion.
Key performance areas
- Knowledge of video conference and A/V switching and control hardware from various manufacturers.
- Good understanding of network technologies.
- Generate functional system descriptions, block flow diagrams and equipment list.
- Develop AV system design calculations.
- Identify all cabling and miscellaneous material needs.
- Generate BOM for procurement.
- Creates drawings for current and future projects based on the designs provided by Business Development and AV team members.
- Create elevations and mounting details showing equipment interface to the structure.
- Draw equipment rack elevations and panel details.
- Assist technicians on site for commissioning of projects.
- Able to quickly adapt to new technical concepts and tools.
- Computer skills as required for the design, configuration and operation of AV equipment including CAD, Excel and similar software.
- Use of AutoCAD 2016, D-Tools, Revit and various other software programs.
- Ability to obtain certifications (CTS, Crestron) in a reasonable amount of time.
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years integration and installation AV experience with a variety of successful projects within multiple environments.
- Candidate should be well versed in AutoCAD and/or a similar CAD program.