A Project Manager is responsible to oversee all functions of a project from contract approval to final completion. Responsibilities of this position include developing and managing project budgets to deliver top and bottom line results required of the department and the company, preparation and on-time execution of project schedules, coordination of deliverables and management of customer communications.
Key performance areas
- Establishment of project budgets, purchasing decisions, and ongoing management of costs and profitability.
- Management of contract requirements to ensure Gable is protected and operating within all set boundaries; risk mitigation.
- Management of positive customer experience for customer with Gable.
The following list of functions for this position is not a limitedly defined list. Additional tasks may be required on the job that are not listed below. The list below serves as a guide for the essential functions that are expected from this position by Gable.
- Plan and supervise all assigned project activities either independently or through Project Coordinators to ensure smoothly run projects with consideration to cost, schedule, and scope. Includes creation of “Project Plan” for each project including, but not limited to, written scope of work, project milestones, potential challenges, & needed resources.
- Coordination and preparation of all requests, including but not limited to Drawings requests, fabrication and installation work orders, survey requests, permit requests, & purchase order requests
- Determine/establish all direct and indirect project costs at kick-off; establish and monitor budget throughout duration of project.
- Perform detailed cost analysis at the completion of each project clearly identifying final margins.
- Identify “scope creep” within projects and capture all necessary costs from clients.
- Provide high-level, solution-oriented customer service to Gable’s customers.
- When needed, travel to project sites to customer’s office to represent Gable.
- Maintain primary profit/loss responsibility for projects assigned to them.
- Coordinate project with all interfacing departments to reduce overall turnaround time (pre and post contract awards)
- Management of internal shop as well as vendors providing finished goods to ensure on-time completion.
- Inspection of finished goods to ensure quality standards are met prior to delivery/installation.
- Site meetings with customer, architect, General Contractor, and other trades as applicable to coordinate site activities and specifications.
- Oversee all Project Close Out activities as deemed by the customer/end user.
- Management of Gable cash flow; timely and accurate submission of invoicing through Accounting Dept. Timely receipt and approval of vendor invoices.