Under the direct supervision of the Director of Field Operations and managed by the installation manager, this position will provide the full range of support to the Field Operations Department, as well as secondary support for the operations team. The Mechanic will be responsible to maintain the Field Operations Code of Conduct among crews, professionally and efficiently perform daily mechanic duties, and communicate daily to D.O.F.O., installation manager, and department leaders regarding continuous improvement.
Key performance areas
- Oversee on-site installations including all safety and organizational related situations.
- Fully review and understand all aspects of the daily job.
- Train, mentor, and supervise helpers of all levels.
The following list of functions for this position is not a limitedly defined list. Additional tasks may be required on the job that are not listed below. The list below serves as a guide for the essential functions that are expected from this position by Gable.
- To uphold Field Operations Code of Conduct among fellow mechanics and helpers.
- To communicate problem areas and concerns regarding product quality back to internal department leaders as well as the D.O.F.O. and installation manager.
- Work with the Installation Kitting Specialist to ensure correct product preparedness.
- To maintain current responsibilities that of an Installation mechanic. (See required skills).
- Travel, both local and out-of-state, may be required depending on the location of the service and ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours.