The Digital System Designer is responsible for the design of all integrated audio video and digital signage solutions from pre-sale needs analysis through the project competition and commissioning assuring a fully functioning system that meet the project scope and client requirements.
The following list of functions for this position is not a limitedly defined list. Additional tasks may be required on the job that are not listed below. The list below serves as a guide for the essential functions that are expected from this position by Gable.
- Responsible for planning, designing, and implementing Digital Signage, Multimedia Audio Video (AV), Video Teleconferencing (VTC), Audio conferencing, and Video Display Systems (VDS), ranging from simple (Desktop) to complex (Video Walls; Network Operation Centers) solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering conference rooms, digital signage solution, auditoriums, retail video wall and engagement deployments
- Work directly with clients, architects and consultants throughout the design development and delivery process
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, design teams and vendors.
- Develop cable run lists and equipment schedules where required
- Responsible for defining system requirements (Needs analysis), creating the Bill of Materials (BOM), designing conceptual drawings and labor estimates for multiple customer projects.
- Develop (simple to complex) system design drawings including, but not limited to audiovisual system diagrams and schematic drawings, rack layouts, drawings and sketches; Design/Build and Bid/Build specifications; and operational capabilities narratives, etc.
- Provide technical support to field Technicians, project managers and customer support personnel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Remain current on all emerging technologies within the audio video and LED markets
- Other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
- Up to 30% travel may be required, both local and out-of-state depending on the location of the service and ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours.