The Creative Director, under the direction of the Senior Director, Marketing and Creative, is responsible for directing creative work in line with business objectives. The Creative Director will lead and manage the creative team to accomplish goals.
Key performance areas
- Oversee creative direction and output for client solutions, corporate marketing and sales support.
- Enhance creative team and its workflow to build a top-notch operation that generates revenue.
- Engage and motivate the creative team to achieve their individual and team goals through leading, coaching and training.
- Collaborate with sales team to win creative services engagements.
- Identify opportunities for additional creative services work with existing clients.
- Oversee creative strategy, graphic design, multimedia, photography, copy and more.
- Establish annual performance objectives and critical milestones.
- Manage production workload holding team accountable to deadlines.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of creative team activities.
- Clearly articulate the benefits of our creative solutions through persuasive presentation skills.
- Support business development and marketing efforts to win creative services businesses.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel including support, service and management resources to meet performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Adhere to, and create where needed, creative operational procedures and guidelines.
- Gain and maintain a strong working knowledge of Gable’s history and solutions.
- Identify creative trends in the industry to help guide product development, marketing and overall thought leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferably with an art-related degree or the equivalent.
- Minimum ten years’ experience as a designer including at least three years as a creative director.
- Excellent eye for design and typography with the ability to deliver constructive feedback on projects to enhance the creative team’s experience and client deliverable.
- Experience supporting sales opportunities by pitching creative is desirable.
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills, both external and internal.
- Self-driven and well-organized individual with a high level of creativity, energy and attention to detail.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey design best practices and project details and ideas across all levels.
- Aptitude for strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- Experience in budgeting and dealing with budget constraints.
- Projects optimism, likeability and passion, and is competitive and adaptable.
- Adobe Creative Suite expertise. PC proficiency (MS Office Suite, CRM tools, etc.).
- Digital signage would be an asset.