Provide contract review and complete administrative support for cost estimating/engineering department.
Key performance areas
- Ability to understand contractual language, identify risks & communicate
- Establish effective communication with vendors, subcontractors & internal customers
The following list of functions for this position is not a limitedly defined list. Additional tasks may be required on the job that are not listed below. The list below serves as a guide for the essential functions that are expected from this position by Gable.
- Review project and contract documents for project submittal requirements and project proposal processes.
- Occasionally help to obtain sub contract quotes / minority participation from vendors based on information and direction from manager.
- Follow up within the department and with Sales / PM on pending tasks or information.
- Work in initiatives like updating reference information, vendor information, pre-qualification information etc.
- Daily update of Project Estimation Log – logging new requests in, sending out the Log Report each day to the target audience.
- Maintain proper filing for regular estimates.
- Create incoming new project estimates folder & save required project documents, organize.
- Update vendor information and maintain / update sub contract filing system.
- Prepare various reports for smooth functioning of the department, organize internal project review meetings with project due date, submittal time and requirements.
- Review project submittal requirements, contractual requirements in detail & fill out Project Summary Template in detail.
- Effectively and proactively manage electronic storage – on the Estimate Drive, back up on CDs on a quarterly basis, etc.
- Handle administrative tasks as assigned.
- Work closely with Manager of Cost Engineering, Cost Engineers & Executive Management to prepare customer project submissions.
- Reviewing project contract documents by highlighting customer contract project language that needs to be reviewed/analyzed before contract execution.
- Work closely with bonding company to secure project bid bond, maintain active/issued bonds.
- Review new project sales leads submitted from Sales Department in detail, discuss findings with Manager & Executive Management, helping to determine whether to bid the project or not.
- Reviewing and coordinating project hand off meetings between Sales and PM departments
- Provide projected forecasting report for Operations department.