The Communications Manager, under the direction of the Senior Director, Marketing and Creative, will play an integral role in public relations, corporate communications, and content creation for our company.
Key performance areas
- Write compelling materials about Gable to generate ongoing communications about our brand, and ultimately increase awareness and connections with the clients in our vertical markets.
- Become the company’s “chief” editor for internal and external documents and communications to insure proper tone and voice to the communities we work with.
- Assist in the development of the communications strategy including an editorial calendar and written style guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to promote the Gable brand and projects to media outlets and social communities.
- Create and manage all public relations activities, social media (Linked In, Twitter and Facebook), and communications activities.
- Write and edit by-lined articles, social posts, blog posts, press releases, presentation scripts, interview talking points, external event promotion, and more.
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives.
- Collaborate with leadership to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership columns.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to share our brand and content and build links.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry.
- Assist Creative team in the development and delivery of written content for clients on a billable basis.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of communications activities.
- Clearly articulate the Gable brand through persuasive presentation skills.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key team members.
- Adhere to, and create where needed, operational procedures and guidelines for communications.
- Gain and maintain a strong working knowledge of Gable’s history and solutions to help build an effective communications plan.
- Identify trends in the industry to help guide marketing and overall thought leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferably with communications, journalism or marketing degree or the equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of experience is communications and/or public relations role.
- Must be an effective storyteller and strong writer demonstrated through clear articulation, perfect grammar, and persuasion.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics.
- Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Ideal candidate will have experience pitching, crafting, and placing content externally through guest blogging or op-ed development and experience with event management and sponsorships.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills, both external and internal.
- Self-driven and well-organized individual with a high level of creativity, energy and attention to detail.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey design best practices and project details and ideas across all levels.
- Aptitude for strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- Experience in budgeting and dealing with budget constraints.
- Projects optimism, likeability and passion, and is competitive and adaptable.
- PC proficiency (MS Office Suite).